Wednesday 9 April 2014

Lisa Hammond: 'There is a humorous side to Donna'

Lisa Hammond has revealed that there will be a humorous side to her character Donna Yates.

Donna's first scenes will be aired next week as the future of Walford's local market is finally decided.

Despite being billed as "aggressive and difficult", Hammond has insisted that her character won't be completely unlikeable.

Speaking to Inside Soap, the actress said: "Initially, Donna is very opinionated. But there is a humorous side to her.

"I don't want her to just be a hard-faced cow. There needs to be a glint in her eye, tinged with a bit of sarcasm as well.

"It was hard to launch into being such a fiery character. Once I settled in, I thought, 'This is fun - people will hate me!'"

Donna will immediately get on the wrong side of stallholders Kat Moon and Bianca Butcher after they mistakenly assume she is someone from the council and confront her.

Hammond said: "Not only did I come in on my first day as someone who is difficult and a bit nosey, but I had to do it with Kat and Bianca!

"They are really strong women, so it was daunting. But Patsy (Bianca) and Jessie (Kat) have always been a good laugh in between scenes, so it was very easy to settle in.

"Patsy is my mentor. She told me to come straight to her with any questions."

EastEnders airs Donna's first scenes on Monday, April 14 on BBC One.

No comments:

Post a Comment