Thursday 27 March 2014

Shane Richie: 'I want Babs back'

Shane Richie has said that he hopes Barbara Windsor will return to EastEnders.

The 50-year-old actor, who plays Alfie Moon in the BBC One soap, said that he believes there is "a real buzz" on the show at the moment, and that he would like Peggy Mitchell back.

Speaking to Soaplife magazine, Richie praised current executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins for bringing back old characters including Stacey Branning, Sonia Fowler and Jane Beale.

"There's a real buzz here now," Richie said. "Dominic Treadwell-Collins wants to tap into characters with history, so you might be seeing some old faces.

"That's good for me because when I walk down the corridor at work, I'm the only one I recognise. I'm hoping Babs [Barbara Windsor], who played Peggy Mitchell, will come back."
The actress left the show in September 2010 after first appearing in 1991, although she made a brief return in September last year.

Meanwhile, speaking about his own career, Richie also revealed a desire to go back to comedy.

"I'm thinking about returning to stand-up," he said. "I keep getting asked to do Live at the Apollo. I love the idea but it keeps me awake at night."

It was also recently confirmed that Libby Fox would be returning to Albert Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment